Saturday, October 17, 2009

a dream

I spy and want to fly

I spy pink in my eyes. It is a reflection from the sun raising in the sky. A minute later the
pink in my eyes will change. Then I will spy a color that’s new, most likely it will be blue.
Orange, red or yellow are common colors too, which come before the color blue. The
sky always seem new, since its colors change within a great range before it finely turns
blue . It is the sun rising that provides this colorful delight which reveals beauty in my
sight.

Often I run under the sun and close my eyes to visualize how it would be to fly past
the sea as the sun comes up just for me. Then I would clearly know that it is the
colorful show that makes the sun my favorite place in outer space. Of all the planet and
the other stars or even the moon nothing compares to the joy I fair, brought by the
colorful fun of the sun. There is absolutely no other place that makes my face smile
with grace. So if I had the chance I would chase the sun where ever it would run.

Pretending to fly while I play outside was a common game. I run and jump while flapping
my arms. I dream that the wind might lift me up, so I can fly with the birds in the sky.
But on those days the wind always fades, so I am bound to be left on the ground. It
would have to be a giant gust from the winds thrust that would lift me up high. On that
day I will fly away without delay to visit the sun just for fun.

As usual I began my day with lots of play. I ran, hopped and flapped my arms in my
usual attempt to be lifted off the ground. But, this day was different, much to my surprise
the wind had arrived. It was a giant gust with an up-thrust. Which was just enough to lift
me off the ground and whorl me around.

Once in the air, which is very rare, I flapped my arms and it twirled me about without
a doubt. My shoes where left behind as I started the incline. Then my feet dangled as I
flew on an angle. It was difficult at first, I must of been the worst. But i eventually figured
it out so that I could fly all about.

I raced, passing birds then the clouds and even a plane. So on this day I could not
refrain from being entertained. I when up, up, and up flying so high. I could not
believe it was me in the sky. I was having so much fun I decided to greet the sun.
“Here I come Sun”, I will try to fly so very high. “When I reach you I will formally
greet you”.

As I continues on my way, I closed my eyes. Focusing on the feeling of the warm sun on my
face, while I flew at a quick pace. After a while I open my eyes. It was then I realized
a shocking surprise. There had been a terrible mistake that made my heartbreak.

I passed the sun in my haste, and guess what took its place. I think it is
made of Swiss cheese, or at least that is what it seemed. Curious to see
what it maybe, I bent over to take a bite but it did not taste like a cheesy
delight.

Now I am stuck very, very high, in a place that is a cheesy disguise.
The next time I try to fly way up high I won’t be shy. I’ll greet the sun with
my eyes opened wide to help guide me through the sky, so I will not
fly past the sun and reach the moon when I am done.
original works
1/19/2008

NOTE: No one should ever look directly into the sun. It will
damage you eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment